New York City 2
ACIS Sample Hotels:
We offer the highest quality and most conveniently located hotels in the industry.
View Sample Hotels
Arrive in New York City and meet your ACIS Tour Manager at Rockefeller Center.
• Begin your visit with lunch on your own in the Rockefeller Center food court.
• Depart on a brief city sightseeing tour that will end at the Quaker Meeting House in Union Square.
• Check in and prepare an evening meal for homeless people who sleep in a nearby church.
• After serving the dinner, meet as a group to reflect on the causes of homelessness and hunger.
• Sleep in sleeping bags that will roughly approximate the conditions of the disadvantaged people you have just served.
Break up into teams and spend the day helping at a carefully supervised food pantry, soup kitchen or clothing bank.
• have breakfast at the Quaker Meeting House then attend an orientation meeting.
• Depart for your worksite.
• Return to the Quaker Meeting House for a guided discussion about your impressions of the day.
• Board your bus and transfer to your hotel in midtown Manhattan.
• Eat dinner in Times Square, the Crossroads of the World, then walk to Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum.
• End your day with a group photo at brightly illuminated Times Square.
Before heading home, you will have a chance to see a panoramic view of the whole Manhattan Island.
• After breakfast, visit the National September 11 Memorial.
• Ascend to the top of the 100-story One World Observatory for a stunning, panoramic view of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty.
• Lunch is on your own in the cafeteria at One World Observatory overlooking New York City.
• Depart for home. (B)