New York City 2
ACIS Sample Hotels:
We offer the highest quality and most conveniently located hotels in the industry.
View Sample Hotels
Arrive in New York City and meet your ACIS Tour Manager at Rockefeller Center.
• Begin your visit with lunch on your own in the Rockefeller Center food court.
• Depart on a brief city sightseeing tour that will end at the Quaker Meeting House in Union Square.
• Check in and prepare an evening meal for homeless people who sleep in a nearby church.
• After serving the dinner, meet as a group to reflect on the causes of homelessness and hunger.
• Sleep in sleeping bags that will roughly approximate the conditions of the disadvantaged people you have just served.
Break up into teams and spend the day helping at a carefully supervised food pantry, soup kitchen or clothing bank.
• have breakfast at the Quaker Meeting House then attend an orientation meeting.
• Depart for your worksite.
• Return to the Quaker Meeting House for a guided discussion about your impressions of the day.
• Board your bus and transfer to your hotel in midtown Manhattan.
• Eat dinner in Times Square, the Crossroads of the World, then walk to Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum.
• End your day with a group photo at brightly illuminated Times Square.
Before heading home, you will have a chance to see a panoramic view of the whole Manhattan Island.
• After breakfast, visit the National September 11 Memorial.
• Ascend to the top of the 100-story One World Observatory for a stunning, panoramic view of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty.
• Lunch is on your own in the cafeteria at One World Observatory overlooking New York City.
• Depart for home. (B)
|This itinerary is available for private groups only. Please contact us for a custom price quote for this trip.|
|ACIS provides Basic Protection coverage, but we recommend that participants purchase the Ultimate Protection Plan designed specifically for your travel needs. There are many other options and extensions that you may elect to take; please contact your ACIS Tour Consultant for details.|