5 Easy Steps to Student Ambassador Assistance:
Select a student (who is committed to travel with you). Send them the link to apply: http://pages.acis.com/student-ambassador. Students can also directly apply to become a Student Ambassador, pending your approval.
Explain the program and the benefits (s)he can earn.
(see Program Details below)
Inform the student’s parents and get them on board as your advocates too.
(see example text)
Work with your Student Ambassador to promote your tour throughout the year, using the Activities Checklist. Sign and submit the completed Activities Checklist to ACIS by January 31st.
How do I choose the right student to nominate?
Choosing the right person can make a big difference in how effective this program is for growing your group and easing your time commitment. Look for someone who:
- is committed to traveling and ready to register
- has expressed the most interest and excitement about the trip
- is motivated, goal oriented, outgoing and involved at school and in the community
- is in good standing with the school and any extracurricular programs
- has parent(s)/guardian(s) that are also excited and likely to get involved in a positive way
If you have many students interested in being your Student Ambassador, lucky you! You may wish to hold an essay contest or other qualification activity to get a better sense of who is most motivated to provide assistance.
What are the benefits for the Student Ambassador?
It’s an honor for a student to be selected as a Student Ambassador and a win-win for both you and them. You can use the benefits explained below to help get your chosen student(s) and their parent(s) even more excited.
Student Ambassadors have the chance to play a role in making sure they and their friends get to travel abroad by encouraging enrollments. They can especially help to shape their own travel experience by encouraging their friends and family to register.
The role is a great boost to college applications and resumes, with the opportunity to learn valuable marketing, communication and business skills. Plus, it demonstrates leadership, creativity, drive and responsibility.
From ACIS, Student Ambassadors will receive:
- Entries into a raffle to win their trip for free. They earn one raffle entry for every item completed on the Activities Checklist. The more active they are in helping you recruit, the more chances they have to win! One free trip winner for each calendar year will be selected from the raffle entries.
- A $100 discount off the cost of the tour (to all Student Ambassadors who help their group reach and maintain a minimum of 15 participants or more).
- The chance to enter ACIS contests to earn fun prizes.
What are other ways I can encourage and reward my Student Ambassador?
Here are some additional suggestions for ways to incentivize your Student Ambassador’s role and participation:
- Award academic extra credit
- Spotlight the Student Ambassador at your parent trip meeting
- Spotlight/thank the Student Ambassador with a special gesture during your tour
- Profile and recognize the Student Ambassador on your teacher/class/trip/school website or blog
Can I have more than one Student Ambassador?
Of course! However, some restrictions regarding Student Ambassador benefits apply.
Every Student Ambassador for a given group will receive entries into the free trip raffle. If the group reaches the minimum of 15 participants, only one $100 discount will be awarded per group. You may choose to apply the entire $100 credit to a single individual or split it among multiple Student Ambassadors.
What happens after my Student Ambassador registers?
They can start promoting your tour right away!
Your Student Ambassador will receive a confirmation email from ACIS and periodic correspondence from us with ideas, contests and more. Together you can refer to the Activities Checklist for suggested activities. Check off the ones your Student Ambassador completes and write-in anything additional that they do. Be creative!
What is the deadline for submitting checklists?
Signed, completed checklists must be received by ACIS’s Boston office by January 31st of the calendar year in which the tour departs.
When do we find out who won the free trip and if my Student Ambassador has qualified to get a $100 discount?
The winner of the free trip raffle will be announced by February 15th of the calendar year in which the tour departs. All trip costs already paid will be refunded to the winner at that time.
Student Ambassadors who earned the $100 discount will also be notified by February 15th and a credit will be applied directly to their account. Anyone who is overpaid at that time will receive a refund check in the amount of overpayment.
Where do I send completed checklists?
a. Mail: ACIS Student Ambassador Program, 343 Congress Street, Suite 3100, Boston, MA 02210
b. Email: email@example.com, Attn: Student Ambassador Program
c. Fax: 617-450-5601, Attn: Student Ambassador Program
Have additional questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or your international program consultant
. We're excited to get you started!
Don’t wait! Have your Student Ambassador apply now.