Safety & Security
At ACIS, we take the welfare of each and every participant on our tours very seriously. Just as we work tirelessly to provide once-in-a-lifetime experiences to group leaders and students, we are equally committed to ensuring that all of our travelers return home safely. Our safety and support infrastructure has been a cornerstone of our business for more than 30 years.
ACIS Travelers Are in Good Hands
- Dedicated, Constantly Connected US Staff – We monitor all safety-related events, making proactive decisions to optimize security.
- Network of Overseas Offices – ACIS offices in London, Paris, Madrid, and Rome and our affiliate partner offices in other major destination cities ensure that we have on-the-ground support when it is needed.
- Duty Officer System – Our 24-hour Duty Officer system operates seven days a week in the United States and overseas to deal with any emergency quickly and professionally.
- Professionally Trained Tour Managers – Top-quality ACIS Tour Managers work in tandem with group leaders throughout each trip. They discuss security measures during each group’s arrival briefing and carry cellular phones to access ACIS’ 24-hour Duty Officer system.
The trip was well organized with a fair amount of free time mixed with group activities. Our group leaders were well organized and displayed much knowledge in relating with teenagers allowing the teenagers freedom yet assuring their safety.
-Kathryn Dech, Participant
- Informed Group Leaders – Teachers (or other group organizers) receive safety-related information and a card with emergency contact numbers prior to departure. During the trip, group leaders establish guidelines for free time activities, keep track of participants’ whereabouts, and provide overall adult supervision.
- Overseas Health Insurance – All participants are enrolled in an international medical insurance plan coordinated by AXA, our round-the-clock, 365-day travel assistance provider.
- Affiliation with AIFS – ACIS is a division of the American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS), an industry leader that has organized quality international educational experiences for over 1 million students in its 40-year history.
- Financial Security – ACIS carries $50 million in general liability insurance that covers school districts and teachers on our tours, as well as a $1 million indemnity bond with the United States Tour Operators Association.
- Travel Security Waiver – All travelers are offered a re-routed itinerary at no charge that takes effect in the event that the US State Department issues an official Travel Warning following a terrorist attack against US interests in a country to be visited on an upcoming trip.
For more information on any of these aspects of our safety policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-888-ACIS at any time.
ACIS Around the World
Besides ACIS Offices here in the United States, there are offices in London, Paris, Madrid and Rome—as well as our affiliate partner offices in other major destination cities. This ensures that we have on-the-ground support when it is needed.
Keeping You Safe Every Step of the Way
The safety of ACIS participants is our paramount concern. To this end, we will always follow the recommendations of the US State Department regarding overseas travel. We receive daily updates and rely on government guidelines to help us make decisions concerning the safety of our travelers. In addition, we comply with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding any issues affecting public health.