Designed to Empower
ACIS has partnered with educators and leadership professionals to create our programs and ensure they deliver an exceptional experience.
“ACIS has tapped into their network of resources to ensure the leadership program is a superior experience; I am especially excited about the hands-on workshops and the opportunities to meet women innovators around the world.”
– Erin Hennessy, Co-Director of Girls’ Leadership Institute, NJ
More than Just a Tour
To ensure our leadership projects create a lasting impact, we provide pre- and post-work for both students and teachers. Students will be expected to research themes that will be covered on tour, prepare for their meetings and bring along questions they wish to explore. After the tour, participants will be asked to reflect on their experience and use what they have learned going forward.
Each ACIS Leadership Project includes three components:
CONNECTING WITH LOCAL LEADERS
Students will spend a day in the life of a local leader and engage in a thoughtful examination of his or her skills and attributes. For our Young Women’s Leadership Projects, these leaders will be exclusively women.
Students will immerse themselves in the local culture. On some tours they will visit area artists to see how their lives reflect in their art, and in others they will help the community with a service project.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE
Participants will meet with area students for a chance to compare their daily lives and develop a greater understanding of how we are different, but also share so many similarities.
Young Women’s Leadership in Italy - 9 DAYS
Overnights: Rome 3, Tuscany 2, Milan 2
- 5 Leadership Workshops with individuals such as the head of an immigration relief organization, a female MP in Rome, a Tuscan town mayor and a member of the 30% Club at Milan University
- Global Exchange with a local Girl Scouts group
- Service Project at a Donne in Campo farm
Rome Tour with Guide and Personal Headsets, Vatican Museums with Reservation, St. Peter's Basilica, Colosseum with Guide and Reservation, Florence Tour with Guide and Personal Headsets, Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore (Il Duomo), Accademia with Reservation, Siena Duomo, Milan Tour with Guide, Santa Maria delle Grazie
Youth Leadership in the Dominican Republic - 8 DAYS
Overnights: Santiago 1, Sosua 3, Santo Domingo 3
- 5 Leadership Workshops with organizations such as the Dominican Republic Education and Mentoring Project (DREAM), Deportes Para La Vida, Jiu Jitsu de la Costa Academy, Dominican Assembly for the Environment and Movimiento de Mujeres Dominico-Haitianas (MUDHA)
- 2 Global Exchanges with area students
- Community service project
Cascade the 27 Waterfalls of Damajagua, Yasica River Boat Trip and Bonfire Dinner, El Choco National Park, Pomier Caves Anthropological Reserve, Santo Domingo Tour with Guide, Santo Domingo Culture Quest
Young Women’s Leadership in the Dominican Republic - 8 DAYS
Overnights: Sosua 3, Samaná 1, Santo Domingo 3
- 5 Leadership Workshops with female leaders at organizations such as the Dominican Republic Education and Mentoring Project (DREAM), Deportes Para La Vida. Health Horizons International, Whales Samaná, Dominican Association for the Environment and Movimiento de Mujeres Dominico-Haitianas (MUDHA)
- 2 Global Exchanges with area young women’s groups
- 2 community service projects
Yasica River Boat Trip and Bonfire Dinner, Snorkeling, Santo Domingo Tour with Guide, Santo Domingo Culture Quest
Youth Leadership in Costa Rica - 9 DAYS
Overnights: San José 2, Rincón de la Vieja 1, Guanacaste Coast 5
- 4 Leadership Workshops with organizations such as the Costa Rican Humanitarian Foundation, a sustainable fishery and oyster farm, a Rincón de la Vieja National Park Ranger and ConnectOcean’s Social Entrepreneurship and Life Skills Workshop and Coral Reef Exploration Program
- 2 Global Exchanges with local students and families
San José Tour with Guide, Canopy Tour, Costa Rican Cooking Lesson
Young Women’s Leadership in London - 9 DAYS
Overnights: London 7
- 4 Leadership Workshops with individuals such as a female MP, a leading scientist, a women’s suffrage expert and at a Premier League football club
- 2 Global Exchanges with local students and athletes
- Community service project
Monarchy by Bike tour, Kensington Palace, Royal Institution’s L’Oreal Young Scientist Centre, Museum of London, Royal Courts of Justice, West End Theatre Performance