Designed to Empower
ACIS has partnered with educators and leadership professionals to create our programs and ensure they deliver an exceptional experience.
“ACIS has tapped into their network of resources to ensure the leadership program is a superior experience; I am especially excited about the hands-on workshops and the opportunities to meet women innovators around the world.”
– Erin Hennessy, Co-Director of Girls’ Leadership Institute, NJ
More than Just a Tour
To ensure our leadership projects create a lasting impact, we provide pre- and post-work for both students and teachers. Students will be expected to research themes that will be covered on tour, prepare for their meetings and bring along questions they wish to explore. After the tour, participants will be asked to reflect on their experience and use what they have learned going forward.
Each ACIS Leadership Project includes three components:
CONNECTING WITH LOCAL LEADERS
Students will spend a day in the life of a local leader and engage in a thoughtful examination of his or her skills and attributes. For our Young Women’s Leadership Projects, these leaders will be exclusively women.
Students will immerse themselves in the local culture. On some tours they will visit area artists to see how their lives reflect in their art, and in others they will help the community with a service project.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE
Participants will meet with area students for a chance to compare their daily lives and develop a greater understanding of how we are different, but also share so many similarities.
Young Women’s Leadership in Italy - 9 DAYS
Overnights: Rome 3, Tuscany 2, Milan 2
- 5 Leadership Workshops with female leaders at places such as an Immigrant Relief Organization, Rome University and a women-led Donne in Campo Farm, and with individuals such as a Tuscan Town Mayor and Fashion Industry Director
- Global Exchange with a Local Primary School
Rome Tour with Guide and Personal Headsets, Vatican Museums with Reservation, St. Peter's Basilica, Colosseum with Guide and Reservation, Florence Tour with Guide and Personal Headsets, Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore (Il Duomo), Accademia with Reservation, Siena Duomo, Milan Tour with Guide, Santa Maria delle Grazie
Youth Leadership in the Dominican Republic - 8 DAYS
Overnights: Santiago 1, Sosua 3, Santo Domingo 3
- 5 Leadership Workshops at places such as the Dominican Republic Education and Mentoring Project (DREAM), Deportes Para La Vida, Jiu Jitsu de la Costa Academy, Dominican Association for the Environment and Movimiento de Mujeres Dominico-Haitianas (MUDHA)
- 2 Global Exchanges with area students
- 2 Community Service Projects
27 Waterfalls of Damajagua, Yasica River Boat Trip and Bonfire Dinner, El Choco National Park, Pomier Caves Anthropological Reserve, Santo Domingo Tour with Guide, Santo Domingo Culture Quest
Young Women’s Leadership in the Dominican Republic - 8 DAYS
Overnights: Sosua 3, Samaná 1, Santo Domingo 3
- 5 Leadership Workshops with female leaders at places such as the Dominican Republic Education and Mentoring Project (DREAM), Deportes Para La Vida. Health Horizons International, Whales Samaná, Dominican Association for the Environment and Movimiento de Mujeres Dominico-Haitianas (MUDHA)
- 2 Global Exchanges with area young women’s groups
- 2 Community Service Projects
Yasica River Boat Trip and Bonfire Dinner, Snorkeling, Santo Domingo Tour with Guide, Santo Domingo Culture Quest