- Dedicated, Constantly Connected US Staff – We monitor all safety-related events, making proactive decisions to optimize security.
- Network of Overseas Offices – ACIS offices in London, Paris, Madrid, and Rome and our affiliate partner offices in other major destination cities ensure that we have on-the-ground support when it is needed.
- Duty Officer System – Our 24-hour Duty Officer system operates seven days a week in the United States and overseas to deal with any emergency quickly and professionally.
- Professionally Trained Tour Managers – Top-quality ACIS tour managers work in tandem with group leaders throughout each trip. They discuss security measures during each group’s Arrival Briefing and carry cellular phones to access ACIS’ 24-hour Duty Officer system.
- Informed Group Leaders – Teachers (or other group organizers) receive safety-related information and a card with emergency contact numbers prior to departure. During the trip, group leaders establish guidelines for free time activities, keep track of participants’ whereabouts, and provide overall adult supervision.
- Overseas Health Insurance – All participants are enrolled in an international medical insurance plan coordinated by AIG, our round-the-clock, 365-day travel assistance provider.
- Affiliation with AIFS – ACIS is a division of the American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS), an industry leader that has organized quality international educational experiences for over 1 million students in its 40-year history.
- Financial Security – ACIS carries $50 million in general liability insurance that covers school districts and teachers on our tours, as well as a $1 million indemnity bond with the United States Tour Operators Association.
- Travel Security Waiver – All travelers are covered by a refund policy that takes effect in the event that the US State Department issues an official Travel Warning following a terrorist attack against US interests in a country to be visited on an upcoming trip.
For more information on any of these aspects of our safety policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-888-ACIS at any time.
The safety of ACIS participants is our paramount concern. To this end, we will always follow the recommendations of the U.S. Department of State regarding overseas travel. We receive daily updates and rely on government guidelines to help us make decisions concerning the safety of our travelers. In addition, we comply with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding any issues affecting public health.