An Extraordinary Opportunity to Learn
Project World at ACIS offers service learning tours for International Baccalaureate students who are ready to transform lives and be transformed themselves. With us, they can travel the world and have a positive impact wherever they go.
Meeting CAS Criteria
We believe that students should have a CAS service learning opportunity that is genuine, memorable, and meaningful. ACIS and experts at International Education Consultants have a complete understanding of the CAS experiential model — plan, act, observe, reflect — and how to fulfill CAS requirements.
- Each Project World tour was developed with the eight CAS learning outcomes in mind, and students may achieve some or all of these outcomes throughout the journey.
- The purpose of each tour is to join forces with a host school or organization in another country and assist them with a service learning project.
- Organized briefings and debriefings led by the group leader during the tour help students create a reflective journal that expresses their plan, expectations and goals.
- The tour incorporates theory of knowledge (TOK) elements during the written and spoken reflection process.
- Students have the opportunity to produce a final reflection/personal essay that meets IB standards and gives them a deeper understanding of the CAS experience.
A Partnership of Experts
ACIS has unparalleled expertise in educational travel — and our Project World partners, International Education Consultants, have years of experience as IB teachers, workshop leaders, and coordinators.
Our Partners: International Education Consultants
- Jim Minor - Jim has been teaching IB courses since 1997 and leading ACIS tours since 2003. A passionate teacher and advocate for international volunteerism, his goal is to create life-changing travel experiences for students who are ready to lend a hand and contribute to the greater global community.
- Paul Gallagher - Paul is an expert in education with extensive IB experience. He is an IB Diploma Program Coordinator as well as an IBA Site Visitor, Consultant, and Categories I, II, and III Workshop Leader. Paul has also been a school administrator, counselor, teacher and consultant.
Project World is currently offering these itineraries or you may custom design a tour from scratch!
IB - Dominican Republic - 10 days
IB - Hong Kong and Mainland China - 10 days
IB - Rome - 9 days
IB - Costa Rica - 9 days
IB - England - 9 days
Resources for Project World Group Leaders before, during and after their tour:
Pre-Trip Planning and Expectations Worksheet
Pre-Trip Journal Guidelines
On-Tour Journal Guidelines
College Essay Workshop